Subject: Re: umass: Phase Error
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/10/2007 17:32:02
--z3ovhOgMYmj8MRdq

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 07:44:20AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> It seems to work fine. Mostly. Because when I unmount it, I get an
> error message (after waiting for a _long_ time):
>=20
> umass0: Phase Error, residue =3D 0
> umass0: Phase Error, residue =3D 0
> sd0: cache synchronization failed

unmounting is trying to sync the disk cache (DIOCCACHESYNC) and
evidently the device doesn't support or has trouble with the command.

you should be able to test this while mounted using "dkctl synccache",
and maybe work around it with setcache (though the device will
probably fail on those commands too).

--
Dan.

--z3ovhOgMYmj8MRdq