Subject: Re: Re: AGP support for Intel GM965
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2007 16:15:15
On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> machdep.est.frequency.target = 1200
> machdep.est.frequency.current = 1200
> machdep.est.frequency.available = 2200 2000 1800 1600 1400 1200

WARNING: This is a bug that I have been meaning to raise (I see the same
on my T7100) -- newer Core 2 Duos have an "overdrive" mode, and our estd
doesn't handle this. In other words, make sure you don't run estd or you
risk frying your CPU.

Feel free to raise a PR on this :-)

> What I did is:
> - create a /etc/apm/suspend script (as described in the file comments):

Hrm, I haven't tried with an apmd script -- I'm simply running powerd, and
handle everything from /etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button. Make sure when
the sleep_button script invokes a sleep, it uses the machdep.sleep_state
sysctl (by setting it to 3) rather than invoking 'apm -z' -- you then
don't need to worry about timing issues.

There's an example script here:

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmcneill/pm/lid_switch

Cheers,
Jared