Subject: Re: bind, postfix, ntp break MKDOC=no?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, tech-toolchain@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/06/2007 10:32:48
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Is it expected that MKDOC=no will cause build.sh to fail at the 'sets'
> stage?  This looks like a whole lot of precedent...
>
> =======  453 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
> Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
> File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
> ./usr/share/doc/html/bind9/arm/Bv9ARM.ch01.html
> ./usr/share/doc/html/bind9/arm/Bv9ARM.ch02.html
> ./usr/share/doc/html/bind9/arm/Bv9ARM.ch03.html
[...]

It looks as though the lists are correct (those files are tagged with
the "doc" keyword, which means taht they should not be prefent when
MKDOC=no).  src/usr.sbin/bind/html/Makefile also appears as if it should
do nothing if MKDOC=no.  I haven't checked the other (non-bind-related)
files in your list.

I suspect that you had those files lying around in your DESTDIR, as a
result of an earlier build without MKDOC=no.  if you use the build.sh
"-u" option, then any options that affect which files are produced by a
build must be kept consistent from one build.sh run to the next.

--apb (Alan Barrett)