Subject: Re: X11 not building these days?
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2007 00:53:39
In message <>, John Nemeth write
>     To build X with, you should be doing,
>"./ ... -X <path to xsrc> ... -x ... distribution/release ..."
>If you run without any options, it will tell what the options
>are.  Also, BUILDING in the top level src directory explains how to
>build the system.

I can't find a single reference to in any of this.  I assume
the presence of the xorg source tree implies that it's possible to
use it, and my mk.conf had "X11_TYPE=xorg" set, so I assume that worked
at some point.

Where should I look for documentation detailing the X11_TYPE options?
It's not mentioned by, it's not mentioned in mk.conf(5), and
I really just can't find any references to it.  I found a recent (August
23, 2007) blog entry about using the modular server, which
referred to X11_TYPE... But I can't find any makefiles or scripts
which refer to it.