Subject: Re: X11 not building these days?
To: None <>
From: John Nemeth <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/2007 23:31:35
On Jan 24,  7:29pm, Peter Seebach wrote:
} In message <>, John Nemeth writes:
} >     To build X with, you should be doing,
} >"./ ... -X <path to xsrc> ... -x ... distribution/release ..."
} >If you run without any options, it will tell what the options
} >are.  Also, BUILDING in the top level src directory explains how to
} >build the system.
} I can't find a single reference to in any of this.  I assume

     I don't believe ever got completely integrated with the based build system.

} the presence of the xorg source tree implies that it's possible to
} use it, and my mk.conf had "X11_TYPE=xorg" set, so I assume that worked

     With a lot of work.

} Where should I look for documentation detailing the X11_TYPE options?

     I'm not sure where it is documented, but as others have mentioned,
it is for pkgsrc. in base is being deprecated in favour of
modular in pkgsrc.

} It's not mentioned by, it's not mentioned in mk.conf(5), and
} I really just can't find any references to it.  I found a recent (August
} 23, 2007) blog entry about using the modular server, which
} referred to X11_TYPE... But I can't find any makefiles or scripts
} which refer to it.

     This is covered reasonably well in the blog entry at .  I don't know where
or if, official documentation is.

}-- End of excerpt from Peter Seebach