Subject: NetBSD 4 Issues
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/2007 11:26:23
Hi,

I'd like to raise two issues that I'm aware of since some time before NetBSD
4 gets released.

The first one is rather old and should be fixed in -current.
About a year ago I used qemu to install the -current of that time on my WRAP
board. It happend rather frequently that the system would crash somewhere in
wsdisplay when switching from qemu's VGA display to the qemu console or the
serial console and then back to VGA.

It think this should be fixed by this commit, which should probably be
pulled up to the netbsd-4 branch:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.netbsd.devel.cvs/93152

However I didn't try the change yet.

The other issue is related to sysinst. It last happend to me about three
weeks ago with a build from the netbsd-4 branch of that time.

The bootselector default doesn't seem to be set properly by sysinst or it
isn't respected correctly by the bootselector.

I installed NetBSD i386 in the second primary partition of a disk that
already has Windows in the first primary partition. I selected the NetBSD
partition in sysinst to be the bootselector default. However the system will
still boot Windows if I do nothing at the bootselector prompt.

Please note: Since I'm not subscribed please CC me on reply.

--
Bye, Chris