Subject: Heads up: x86 changes
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/2007 00:49:15
Hi,

I just merged a bunch of x86 changes into -current from the vmlocking
branch. I have been running these changes for quite some time and believe
that they're stable, but I have a limited selection of hardware and apps to
test with. If stability is a priority then please hold off updating for a
little while.

By and large the merge is to reduce diffs but some optimizations have been
brought over. On a dual core system I'm seeing real time for builds down by
between 3 to 4% after these changes. With more CPUs I think the impact will
be greater, especially on amd64 systems.

Thanks,
Andrew