Subject: Re: [Fwd: System hung...]
To: e.stiebler <emu@e-bbes.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/29/2007 19:44:40
e.stiebler skrev:
> Johnny Billquist wrote:
>>> Yes, I'm getting now the "same" here. Checked out the CVS last night
>>> compiled new userland and kernel. With the new kernel the system
>>> bombs after few minutes into the debugger. the old kernel and
>>> userland works for hours (that how I compiled the new userland &
>>> kernel). Now I'm trying to install the userland on the old kernel,
>>> just in case the userland and kernel are out of sync ...
>>
>> That's another issue. I'm actually working on orting that out, and the
>> crashes I've gotten rid of. But now I get hung systems instead, after
>> a few hours...
>> (I can send you the patches tonight.)
>
> Did you check the patches in the meantime into the cvs ?

Sorry. I'm not a netbsd developer, and don't have the rights needed to check
anything in myself.
Also, this is just experimenting, so it's probably not a good idea to check it
in without actually confirming a bit more that these patches are ok, and not
actually the cause of these "hangs" I now see...

Anyway, here's the patch:
umm... I can't get cvs to work right now. I'll get back with a diff in a while.

	Johnny

email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books