Subject: Re: Bluetooth BlueCard driver (btbc)
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2007 18:13:37
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:

> From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:58:43 +0100 (BST)
>
> > - there should be a reference in the source somewhere, to say what the
> >   programming information is based on. Do you have a contact at Anycom or
> >   is it from a linux driver?
>
> I refered drivers/bluetooth/bluecard_cs.c from Linux.  ;-)

then for sure, those guys like to get credit for their work (like I did in
bt3c.c is good)

> > In general, I was thinking before that bt3c(4) (and now this) is basically
> > a serial card, and maybe it would be better to have them present as a
> > serial interface, then apply the btuart(4) line discipline to interface to
> > the bluetooth stack. I'm not sure if it would actually save much code
> > though, what do you think?
>
> I don't think.  Those cards are export different registers.

yeah, I didn't think it through all the way but my thought was that
currently  it goes like

	bt3c->hci
	btbc->hci
	com->btuart->hci

but it could be

	bt3c->com
	btbc->com
	com->btuart->hci

which would mean that the code for extracting bluetooth packets from a
serial stream is only in one place (btuart) instead of three. However,
maybe this code is not too big in any case.

regards,
iain