Subject: Re: tools update after reboot new kernel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/2007 14:40:09
On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Alan Barrett wrote:

> Where did it rebuild nbmake "for no reason"?  (You didn't post the
> relevant output.)  Why aren't you passing a "-T" option to build.sh,
> which is the documented way of preventing unnecessary builds of nbmake?
> Do you have build.sh revision 1.168 or later, which tries to be more
> clever even if you don't pass a "-T" option.

This conflicts with:

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> nbmake is *always* rebuilt no matter what's done with the rest of
> the toolchain.

It was not rebuilt once I did:

 ln -s obj/tooldir.NetBSD-3.99.24-i386 \
         /opt/src/obj/tooldir.NetBSD-3.99.24-i386

(as mentioned in first email)

That was my point. I now understand that build.sh tries to be more clever,
but since it is recommended to boot with new kernel before doing the
installation, it is not clever enough.

  Jeremy C. Reed