Subject: Re: Dell Optiplex 745
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 08/07/2007 13:22:25
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, Phil Nelson wrote:
> I needed the following patch (found in the FreeBSD bge code) to get
> bge0 on my machine to not timeout on the firmware.   With this
> extra patch, bge0 worked great.

I've added that patch.

> But I still got the line:
>
>   uhci0: host controller halted
>
> when I did an "ifconfig bge0 192.168.0.10 netmask 0xffffff00"
>
> I don't know if uhci0 is related, but it has happened consistently
> with the ifconfig.

I think this is related to the azalia/ehci problem.  It also happened
for me when I ifconfig'ed realtek and 3com ethernet cards I'd plugged
into the machine so its not a bge problem.  Happens if you disable
azalia to get the machine to boot but doesn't happen if you disable
ehci.

cheers
mark