Subject: Re: netbsd-4 (and -current) - ps acting funny ?
To: Frank Kardel <kardel@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/2007 14:36:25
On Saturday 28 July 2007 14:24:56 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that I look at it -current (about twoo weeks ago) shows the same
> symptoms.
> Sensible time output seem state dependent. Runnanble or Stopped
> processes show time value that match my expectations more.
>
> Frank
>
> Frank Kardel wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > I am just testing netbsd-4 (around 200707280600UTC).
> >
> > ps alxww seem be be a bit funny: most of the times it lists
> > 0:00.00 as time - sometime it lists something plausible.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this behavior ?
> >
> > Frank

Frank,
See my post into netbsd-users on 9th July and later to tech-userlevel.  I
haven't tracked down the issue yet but am wondering if its a toolchain
problem as a ps binary with the same components (from ident)
from January 2007 seemed to report everything Ok and matched the output of
top.

Regards
Dave

Phone: 07772420022