Subject: Re: problem with WPA/802.11i and dhclient
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/2007 20:13:08
On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 01:52:53PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:

> Actually, if I read that script correctly then putting a sleep into
> /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks should do the job.  It will pause in some
> other cases too but it should be acceptable.

Actually, that didn't work either.  I did find the problem though.  I
had a "media" line in my dhclient.conf for the interface, I was using
this to set the nwid and the nwkey back when I was using a static wep
key.  dhclient was using these parameters to reset the interface
options which, I think, is what caused the wpa renegotiation.
Removing the media line from my dhclient.conf fixed the problem, I can
now get a dhcp lease without even needing the delays anywhere.

--
Brett Lymn