Subject: Re: Any i2c driver for LM95221?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/2007 20:58:10
On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 11:25:41PM -0500, khym@azeotrope.org wrote:

> Ah, thanks! I just got around to building a kernel with smsc, and it
> works for me too:

Cool :)

> The fan speed monitor looks right too: Fan-1 seems to be CPU2's fan, Fan-2
> is the board's FAN2, and Fan-4 is CPU1's fan. The manual says that the SIO
> cip also monitors the board's FAN3, so that should correspond to
> Fan-3.

Hmmm I will have to locate fan-2 on my board and put something on it,
see what happens.  As for fan-1 and fan-4, yes, for me they match the
speeds reported in the bios and the system monitoring tool available
from tyan running under windows.

> have a fan plugged into the board's FAN1 connector, and it's not showing
> up; according to the manual, FAN1 and FAN4 are monitored by "CK804".

The CK804 is a beast of many parts, you can get the source for drivers
for bits of it but other bits are a mystery

--
Brett Lymn