Subject: Re: Problems with recent vnode changes
To: Geoff Wing <gcw@pobox.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/2007 12:07:12
On Mon Jul 23 2007 at 14:54:28 +1000, Geoff Wing wrote:
> The recent vnode changes are not working well for me.
>
> --------------------
> 1) PR #36679
> --------------------

That should be fixed with union_subr.c 1.27.

> 2) basic tmpfs (can't see any recent changes really specific to tmpfs though)

This KASSERT is incorrect, it is legal to rename a directory to another
if the target directory is empty.

        if (tvp != NULL) {
                struct tmpfs_node *tnode;

                tnode = VP_TO_TMPFS_NODE(tvp);

                /* The source node cannot be a directory in this case. */
                KASSERT(fnode->tn_type != VDIR);

jmmv, could you look at fixing it?  Would be nice-to-have for NetBSD 4.0.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/