Subject: Re: current panic: lock error
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
From: Nick Hudson <nick.hudson@dsl.pipex.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/2007 08:10:31
On Wednesday 18 July 2007 22:30, Antti Kantee wrote:
> On Tue Jul 17 2007 at 09:09:30 +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Antti asked me to post this...
>
> Thanks.  Although the mail did travel for quite a while ...

Yeah.

> Anyway, this appears to be the same problem as in the
> "simple_lock: uninitialized lock" thread.
>
> I still haven't been able to repeat this.  Could you post your extact
> file system configurations and what you exactly you are doing when the
> problem is triggered?

/dev/wd0a                       /       ffs     rw               1 1
/dev/wd0b                       none    swap    sw               0 0
/dev/wd0e                       /c      ntfs    ro               0 0
/dev/wd0i                       /d      ntfs    ro               0 0
kernfs                          /kern   kernfs  rw
procfs                          /proc   procfs  rw
procfs          /emul/linux/proc procfs rw,linux
/home/nick/work/netbsd/src      /usr/src        null    ro
/home/nick/work/netbsd/xsrc     /usr/xsrc       null    ro

I have 3 crash dumps from this machine and in all I was running cvs update
in /home/nick/work/netbsd/src. In the first I have KDE running and an rsync,
but the others are pretty quiet except the cvs update

Thanks,
Nick