Subject: Re: Adding URLs to CVSWeb diffs for source changes
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2007 10:32:59
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 09:34:00AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:38:37 -0400
>> "Blair Sadewitz" <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I often read source-changes/pkgsrc-changes and would find it useful if
>>> the messages contained a link to the diff as it appears on
>>> cvsweb.netbsd.org--especially when I am using a browser like elinks.
>>> It doesn't even have to be proper HTML (I don't want it to make things
>>> ugly for those not using web browsers, etc.),  just a URL.
>>
>> How about just appending the diff itself to the message.
>
> I would unsubscribe from the changes lists.
> You could create new lists, but don't do this with the current lists.
>
> It is not only about the size it is also about the readability of the
> lists. Adding more to the current mail just makes it bigger and not so
> easy to read them.

I can't get the rdiff command to work. I haven't looked into it and just
do a standard cvs diff when I need it. I find the commit messages to be
better than most but still not enough to know what's going on. I'd vote
for including the diffs, but, as always, I'm not in core and nobody
really cares about my opinion.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com