Subject: Re: Adding URLs to CVSWeb diffs for source changes
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2007 09:34:00
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:38:37 -0400
"Blair Sadewitz" <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I often read source-changes/pkgsrc-changes and would find it useful if
> the messages contained a link to the diff as it appears on
> cvsweb.netbsd.org--especially when I am using a browser like elinks.
> It doesn't even have to be proper HTML (I don't want it to make things
> ugly for those not using web browsers, etc.),  just a URL.

How about just appending the diff itself to the message.  Sure, it
makes the message bigger but I do that for my own stuff and it makes it
really convenient.  Anyone on the list can see at a glance what is
happening without switching to a shell or browser.  It would also help
with searching the archives for specific changes.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/