Subject: Re: Adding URLs to CVSWeb diffs for source changes
To: Antti Kantee <>
From: Adam Hamsik <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/2007 14:42:12

On Jul 18, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Antti Kantee wrote:

> On Wed Jul 18 2007 at 13:10:59 +0100, David Brownlee wrote:

>>> I would like it very much. I wanted to request this feature myself a
>>> long time ago.
>>> I've subscribed to source-changes and it would be a real benefit to
>>> see what has changed via cvsweb, by clicking on the link in the =20
>>> commit
>>> log. It is even useful for browsing by web in mail-index.
I like this idea pretty much, too. It would be great and much quicker =20=

to see source-changes in web without cvs rdiff commands:)

>> 	If people are really dead set against adding this to the email
>> 	an alternative would be to provide an <input> box on
>> into which you could paste one the the
>> 	cvs rdiff lines from the commit message to see the relevant
>> 	change
> I support adding them.  Having to paste the lines around takes away =20=

> the
> convenience, e.g. opening multiple diffs to tabs.  The size argument
> is silly and if you add the links to the end, it doesn't even disturb
> people who want to get to the cvs rdiff links.
> The only downside I see is that cvsweb doesn't (IIRC) update quite as
> fast as anoncvs, so there'll be delay before the link works.
> --=20
> Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs =20
> NetBSD
>                          http://=20
>     "la qualit=E9 la plus indispensable du cuisinier est l'exactitude"

Adam Hamsik
icq: 249727910

Proud NetBSD user.

We program to have fun.
Even when we program for money, we want to have fun as well.
~ Yukihiro Matsumoto

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)