Subject: Re: Atheros AR5008E-3NX chip
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Yojiro UO <yuo@nui.org>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/2007 01:16:02
Hi.

I just ported the net80211 stack and the atheros device driver from
latest FreeBSD (with sam's latest HAL) 2 weeks ago.

My cardbus AR5008-3NX interface seems working well (except 11n support).

However, because the difference of 80211 suport codes between NetBSD and
FreeBSD is so large, this update needs to change in various parts of
current code. (And also this patch needs more work to be stable...).

Phil Nelson wrote:
>   I just got a new ThinkPad T60 and it has the AR5008E-3NX chip
> which is not supported by -current.  There is an update to the
> Atheros hal at www.freebsd.org/~sam and I was wondering if anyone was
> working on getting the NetBSD support up to that version.
>
>   --Phil

Yojiro UO