Subject: Re: Atheros AR5008E-3NX chip
To: Phil Nelson <>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2007 17:00:16

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 11:14:52AM -0700, Phil Nelson wrote:
> Hello,
>   I just got a new ThinkPad T60 and it has the AR5008E-3NX chip
> which is not supported by -current.  There is an update to the
> Atheros hal at and I was wondering if anyone was
> working on getting the NetBSD support up to that version.

I've heard that it's in the works for later this year,
at least in FreeBSD-land.

I have a PCI-E AR5006 that needs a slightly newer HAL, but that still
works with the in-tree driver. (I really should send-pr someday.)
But I understand the draft-11n parts are somewhat different.

	Jonathan Kollasch

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)