Subject: Re: tools build under 3.1
To: Andreas Moschos <>
From: Erik Bertelsen <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2007 14:30:28
2007/7/10, Andreas Moschos <>:
> i am using 3.1 macppc fresh install.
> The cvs code is old as a week back.
> When i tried to build the tools for a native build of current genattrtab
> failed while allocating 250000 bytes after allocating 131MB.
> I had to:
> sysctl -w
> proc.proc_id_of_genattrtab.rlimit.datasize.soft=200000000
> in order to overcome the problem.At the moment i am building the kernel just
> fine.
> I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.
> If this seems like a native (macppc) issue please let me know in order to
> post there.

In my experience, this is actually (mac)ppc-specific. My cure (for 3.1
as well as for current) is to either ulimit -d <enough> before
building or to increase DFLDSIZ from the default 128*1024*1024 in a
custom kernel.

Why not increase the default in
src/sys/arch/powerpc/include/oea|ibm4xx/vmparam.h to 256MB as is
already the case for i386?

- Erik