Subject: Re: Upgrading removes sendmail, breaks system config
To: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: current-users
Date: 07/11/2007 13:26:03
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:51:08AM +0200, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> I agree that mailer.conf should be updated, probably by postinstall.
> Though, if nobody does implement it, it won't happen.

Automatically switching to postfix may cause very bad surprises as well if
you have tweaked your sendmail config to do special things.  I think the
only reasonable thing we can do is *document* the options so the user can
decide for himself which way best suits his needs.  We can make postinstall
detect whether sendmail from base is/was being used (by checking whether
mailer.conf refers to /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail) and make it scream
and point to the documentation?

	Geert