Subject: netbsd-4 LFS problems
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/05/2007 10:48:18
   I apologize that this isn't exactly a problem in -current (that
I'm aware of), but I thought I'd ask folks here because there'd be
more exposure to LFS.

   I have a netbsd-4 i386 machine, MP.  Running code that's only a
week or two old.  Last night, I got the following panic on this machine:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "vp != NULL" failed: file "/data/
NetBSD/src-4/sys/ufs/lfs/lfs_segment.c", line 1574

   I have a small number of lfs filesystems, most of them have fairly
little activity on them.  I suspect this was caused by the one of
them that has the data-store for my squid-cache on it, because the
others were very likely completely idle.  Is there anything I can
retrieve to help diagnose this?  (I did let it dump memory to disk
for the 10-15 minutes it took.  Ick...)

   Thanks!

                                     - Chris