Subject: Re: Daily build, july 1, dhcp does not work
To: Rob Lewis <rrl125@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/02/2007 16:30:53
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:25:10AM -0400, Rob Lewis wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I am not sure. bce0 maybe? I may be off. The device is a broadcom 440x
> integrated nic

Then bce sounds correct:

                        if (intstatus & I_PD)
                                printf("%s: data error\n",
                                    sc->bce_dev.dv_xname);

How much memory do you have?

From the drivers BUGS section:

     Due to limitations in the Broadcom chip, it cannot DMA transfer to RAM at
     or above 1GB; see REALEXTMEM in options(4) for a workaround to limit the
     available system memory.

Of course this should be handled "better", but right now it would explain
things at least.

Martin