Subject: Issue 103 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Mark Kirby <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/01/2007 17:48:39
Welcome to NetBSD 3.0.3 and 3.1.1 [Geert Hendrickx]
The ofppc port has been rewritten from scratch.
1) Change it to be like the other ppc ports, and directly interface with
hardware, rather than trying to be slick and access everything through
the OFW. Instead, we gather configuration information from OFW, and use
that to discover hardware.
2) Change it over to powerpc bus_space and bus_dma.
3) Timecounters, generic soft interrupts.
4) Make use of the shared code in powerpc. (pic code, oea, bat code, etc)
5) Probably other stuff.. almost nothing remains of the original port.
It is not known if the rewrite acctually works due to lack of hardware. It
should only need a little work to get it into shape for a particullar
machine. If anyone with access to hardware would like to help to finnish the
work off, Tim is happy to help you as much as he can. [Tim Rightnour]
Import i386/gcscide(4). A driver for the IDE Controller of the AMD CS5535
Companion device found in the decTOP. Supports Ultra DMA mode 4, Pio Mode 4
and MDMA mode 2. [Juan Romero Pardines]
Add read-only support for SGI's Extent File System. [Stephen M. Rumble]
ntp 4.2.4p2 [Frank Kardel]
gcc-4-1-20070620 [matthew green]
RSS 2.0: http://digest.coris.org.uk/feeds/cvs-rss.xml