Subject: Re: ypbind hangs as of current from midday yesterday (kern+user)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/28/2007 11:33:51
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:08:06 pm Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> As soon as I ^C the ssh
> > client in the other console logs in.
>
> It's probably because it's waiting on ypbind. Once ypbind is killed
> nsswitch only uses local files again.

Does the ordering matter? I have files first then nis. I found this behaviour
strange as it _is_ the server and the auth files reside there.

> > 09:44:50.049092 IP (tos 0x0, ttl  64, id 21366, offset 0, flags [none],
> > length: 164, bad cksum 0 (->28d1)!) localhost.65458 > localhost.sunrpc:
> > UDP, [...]
> it's normal on loopback I think, checksums are not computed on loopback.
> You can try:
> sysctl -w net.inet.ip.do_loopback_cksum=1
> sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.do_loopback_cksum=1
> sysctl -w net.inet.udp.do_loopback_cksum=1

Yeah no difference. I'm guessing this probably isn't related.

> > network:
> > netstat: kvm_read: Bad address
> > Name            Ipkts  Ierrs        Opkts  Oerrs  Colls
> >
> > I'm getting the impression it's network card related.
>
> Maybe kernel/userland mismatch ?

I blew away the obj dir and recompiled with sources from last night and this
is now working but ypbind is still hanging.

Is ypbind suppose to hang indefinitely? Does anyone actually have a current
system running nis?

I was so stoked to see nfs working properly again, figures nis would break on
me :)

Thanks,

Sarton