Subject: Re: CVS commit: [netbsd-4] src/sys/dev/usb
To: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
From: Sarton O'Brien <bsd-xen@roguewrt.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2007 16:38:57
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 04:12:14 pm Michael van Elst wrote:
> a-burghardt@gmx.de (Andreas Burghardt) writes:
> >> cvs rdiff -r1.138.2.1 -r1.138.2.2 src/sys/dev/usb/usb_subr.c
> >
> >after this it does nothing for around 3 minutes until I see:
> >uhub5: device problem, disabling port 5
>
> The added retries shouldn't take longer than about 3 seconds
> and if you see an error there you should have seen the same
> error (but slightly faster) before.
>
> If the delay is really in the USB code, we'd need more debugging
> output. I.e. build your kernel with USB_DEBUG and set the usbdebug
> variable to 6. It would be easier if you could arrange the error
> to occur at a later point by booting with nothing connected
> to uhub5, but if that's an internal device this might not be
> possible.

Just thought I'd note that among other issues that I am having (see ypbind
hanging thread), since updating to current as of a day and a half ago, I
can't boot into a xen dom0 without a USB keyboard plugged in (this probably
extends to other USB devices) OR I require acpi=off as a boot parameter.

Before the update, all worked fine. It seems to be a combination of acpi and
usb. Unfortunately I can't readily test.

I am also noticing long delays on domu boot.

Sarton