Subject: Re: CVS commit: [netbsd-4] src/sys/dev/usb
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/2007 06:12:14
a-burghardt@gmx.de (Andreas Burghardt) writes:

>> cvs rdiff -r1.138.2.1 -r1.138.2.2 src/sys/dev/usb/usb_subr.c

>after this it does nothing for around 3 minutes until I see:
>uhub5: device problem, disabling port 5

The added retries shouldn't take longer than about 3 seconds
and if you see an error there you should have seen the same
error (but slightly faster) before.

If the delay is really in the USB code, we'd need more debugging
output. I.e. build your kernel with USB_DEBUG and set the usbdebug
variable to 6. It would be easier if you could arrange the error
to occur at a later point by booting with nothing connected
to uhub5, but if that's an internal device this might not be
possible.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de