Subject: Re: NetBSD on the Soekris net5501 status report
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/2007 09:09:44
On 18-Jun-07, at 9:07 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 05:28:35PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>> Heyas folks --
>>
>> My Soekris net5501 finally arrived today, and apart from having to
>> add the product ID of the ethernet controller to if_vr, mostly
>> everything seems to work. I've included a dmesg below for the
>> curious.
>>
>> The only major pieces that don't appear to be supported yet are the
>> hw crypto block and the SATA port.
>
> In the dmesg I can't see any PCI device that could provide a SATA
> interface.
> Do you know where the SATA port could be located ?

There's a Marvell PATA-SATA bridge attached to the CS5536 companion
chip, and what I've read suggests that you can't use PATA and SATA at
the same time. I suspect that the SATA port will just work with the
PATA driver because of this bridge, but I don't have any SATA drives
to confirm.

Cheers,
Jared