Subject: mtree/special needs a change for dhclient-script hooks
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/2007 09:08:44
   I have an /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks on one of my hosts, and I am
getting output from /etc/security runs complaining about the
permissions.  It's currently mode 0555.  I see that /etc/mtree/
special lists that it (and dhclient-enter-hooks) should be 0644 (or
less?).  This is an error, I think.

   The man page for dhclient-script(8) notes that these files must be
executable to be used.  Therefore, I think the etc/mtree/special file
should be changed to indicate that this is allowed, if not required.

   Let me know if I've gotten something wrong, but...

                                - Chris