Subject: Re: netbsd development on Macbook
To: Adam Hamsik <haaaad@gmail.com>
From: Bill Stouder-Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/2007 13:15:32
--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 01:12:37AM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> Last week I bought my first macbook. I know that some Netbsd =20
> developers activly develop NETBSD under the parallels desktop for MAc =20
> os X. I want to know some of your hints ant tips about this topic. =20
> How did you installed netbsd there for me 4.9.19 netbsd installation =20
> crash(I can't create ffs on wd0, I use precreated disk file). Can I =20
> cross compile netbsd sources on Mac os X ?

I installed 4.0 Beta something on Parallels, and ended up using the=20
"Parallels" kernel config.

I think cross-compiling should work fine, but I actually compile within=20
Parallels to get the full NetBSD experience.

I'm not sure what version I have (it simply tells me it's build 3188), but=
=20
it's the last one that the online update decided to download.

The one thing I wish Parallels had was support for SMP. So I'm also=20
playing with VMware's Fusion beta. But Parallels has the better UI so far.

Take care,

Bill

--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB

--2/5bycvrmDh4d1IB--