Subject: Re: curreent build: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/2007 23:49:07
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 08:29:34AM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
> A kernel from sources a week or two back paniced sometime last week
> with a "bad dir" during the nightly script runs.  I was out of town
> and didn't catch just when in paniced.
>
> One build (-U -m amd64 -j2 on /i386) errored out with a problem
> looking for and not finding src/bin/rcorder/Makefile (it's in sbin,
> and there's no reason I could see for it to be looking in bin).

It's possible that these were both bogons.  It seems that I zeroed
out the drive under a mounted filesystem (/mnt was a scratch fs) to
get the bad dir panic, and the build error could be explained by
an interrupted cvs update that left old, stale directories around
(so the make machinery picked up an empty directory).

My apologies for jumping the gun there.  I recalled the zeroing
when I went to work on that disk again today.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com