Subject: Re: Late network interface configuration
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/2007 21:33:48
On Jun 2, 2007, at 6:54 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Your could monitor the ifwatchd(8) to monitor your ethernet interface
> and run the scripts to setup the tunnels afterwards.

   Yeah.  Actually, since I'm just using dhclient, I could probably
even just do it in the dhclient-exit-hooks script.  I was just
wondering if there was any built in way to, during boot, just say
"these interfaces need to come up after the dynamically configured
ones".  It would be useful for tunnels, and other such things.

   Thanks...  I may take a look at putting it in dhclient-exit-hooks,
for which it only needs to do it the *first* time.  Not sure how to
trigger on that, but.  Or I may just bail and fall back to my /etc/
rc.d/network-late from my old system.  :-)

                            - Chris