Subject: Re: puffs/refuse in 4.0?
To: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/2007 12:25:37
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 02:38:48PM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:
> Would it be possible to pullup the current state of puffs/refuse to
> 4.0?  What's currently in 4.0 is the state of development at the time
> of the 4.0 re-branch and is not very useful, compared to -current. It
> would be a pity to have to wait for 5.0 to see puffs/refuse support
> in NetBSD.

It's up to Antti, really, since librefuse just sits on top of
libpuffs.  I don't want to speak for him, but, in the past, because of
the changing nature of the interface, he's been reluctant to do this;
maybe he'll reconsider now that it looks like things are
solidifying somewhat.

I do have to admit that ntfs-3g and webdav (and others) support would
be great things to have for the 4 branch.

Regards,
Alistair
(The refuse guy)