Subject: Re: build.sh with -j & persistent "error 255"
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: the carlos <speed_daemon@the-carlos.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/16/2007 19:04:42
Ditto here.  Also, cleaning out the obj directory before running
"build.sh -j4 tools" prolongs the inescapable error 255.

Could this issue affect more than just the build toolchain?  It could
be a coincidence, but after upgrading from 4.99.16 to 4.99.19 eariler
this week, postgresql 8.2.4 has started to hang on vacuuming and
large updates.  Rather quickly, disk i/o stops and one processor core
(of 4) goes to 100% utilization.

Maybe that lwp change that just went in is to blame for both problems?

<<carlos>>
<<nvllvmmagnvmingenivmsinemixtvradementiae>>