Subject: Re: USB with iPod freezes machine
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/2007 22:53:47
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 07:32:20AM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> It's even worse. The device driver is freed, but the filesystem on top
> of it doesn't know about it and will use invalid pointers to the
> driver.
>
> Most of the time this just stalls a userland process forever.
> Sometimes the kernel crashes.

is there anything missing structure-wise in the kernel to do the right
thing?  any holes in the existing filesystem architecture which would
preclude fixing this without re-architecting anything?

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.