Subject: Issue 99 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/2007 14:56:36
This week:

Add support for the MTX604 RAVEN based machine to port prep. Other RAVEN
based machines are also likely to work now. [Tim Rightnour]

Added support for POSIX Asynchronous I/O. The basic idea behind AIO is to
allow a process to initiate a number of I/O operations without having to
block or wait for any to complete. At some later time, or after being
notified of I/O completion, the process can retrieve the results of the I/O.
[Mindaugas Rasiukevicius]

Added bio(4) and associated bioctl(8), a framework to query/control block
device controllers. The bio driver provides userland applications ioctl(2)
access to devices otherwise not found as /dev nodes. RAID device drivers
which support management functionality can register their services with the
bio(4) driver.	bioctl then can be used to maintain RAID volumes. [Manuel
Bouyer]

envsys(4): added DRIVE type sensor to report drive status. [Manuel Bouyer]

Added bio(4) and envsys(4) support to mfi(4). [Manuel Bouyer]

Add puffs_framebuf(3), which abstracts the buffer management and event loop
for networked file systems using puffs_cc(3). Convert mount_psshfs(8) and
mount_9p(8) to use it.	[Antti Kantee]

Eliminate address family-specific route caches (struct route, struct
route_in6, struct route_iso), replacing all caches with a struct route. This
means all of the protocol families can benefit from route cache-invalidation,
which is necessary for correct routing. [David Young]

Import

 IPFilter 4.1.20 [Martti Kuparinen]

 bind 9.4.1 [Christos Zoulas]

Address: http://digest.coris.org.uk