Subject: Re: IPF 4.1.20
To: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2007 13:29:39
At 22:15 Uhr +0300 1.5.2007, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
>I have just upgraded IPFilter to the latest version (4.1.20) on
>NetBSD -current. You must recompile kernel and the ipf tools to
>use the new version:

On ipfilter: Is any upgrade on the netbsd-4 branch planned before release?

The reason why I am asking is that on a filtering router @work running
netbsd-4, I see weird stalls with NFS connections and stateful rules -
netbsd-3 machines lock up with more than one mount and have to be rebooted.
NFS mounts from linux 2.6.18 machines to a netbsd-3 server don't work at
all, unless I switch to stateless rules, and even then I see occasional
stalls (and locking problems, but these may be an NFS incompatibility
rather than an ipfilter issue).

I'd have send-pr'ed, but the picture is really too incoherent to make head
or tails of, unless I sink an amount of time there that I really do not
have right now.

	hauke