Subject: Re: dump_lfs issue
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hhhh.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/30/2007 22:37:58
On Tue, 1 May 2007, Juan RP wrote:

> You are not wrong. Do you mean that the offset value reported by
> scan_ffs, will be off by 16?
>
> Or are you talking about the sector number for the superblock?

Oh, no, I expect the number it reports for the beginning of the partition
is correct, I have no reason to think otherwise.

For Marcin's problem, however, the beginning of the partition is not the
interesting number; afaict he hasn't clobbered his disklabel, only the
first superblock.  So he will have to add 16 to the result scan_ffs gives
him to find the sector address of the second superblock, the NN he needs
to give to "fsck_lfs -b $NN".

Take care,
 						Konrad Schroder
 						perseant@hhhh.org