Subject: Support for HArdware?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2007 18:11:10
I've got a couple of D-Link WiFi adapters (one PCI, one Cardbus) that
I'd like to be able to use.  But alas, they are not recognized by
current software.

Does anyone know what it would take to make these things work?

Cardbus device:
Labelled: "D-Link DWA-642"
Part #:   "BWA642NA..A1"
FCC ID:   "KA2DWA645A1"
IC:       "4216A-DWA645A1"
(manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Atheros Communications product 0x0023
(ethernet network, revision 0x01) at cardbus0 function 0 not configured

PCI device:
Atheros Communications product 0x0023 (class 0x3a, subclass 0x69,
interface 0x11, revision 0x86) at pci1 dev 6 function 0 not configured

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|                  | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |