Subject: Re: USB problem after updating from 4.99.11 -> 4.99.16
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de, john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Loic Hoguin <essen@dev-extend.eu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/2007 00:12:43
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:24:46 +0200, Matthias Drochner
<M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de> wrote:

> john@johnrshannon.com said:
>> uhub1: port 2, set config at addr 2 failed
>> uhub1: device problem, disabling port 2
>
> Unfortunately that error message doesn't tell at which
> stage of the USB device initialisation the problem occured.
> It might be necessary to use some USB_DEBUG to find out more.
> I don't immediately suspect one of my recent changes to the
> USB code to be a cause of your problem, perhaps some subtle
> timing change, don't know.
> Does your mouse attach if you plug it in after boot?

I have the same problem, and yes, if I plug it in after boot
the mouse attach and is usable. But if plugged before boot
the port is completely disabled (maybe all the ports).

There's probably some differences in the detection while
booting and after boot.

> There is also an obvious bug in the uhci port reset code
> where it does not clear a suspend condition on enable,
> but this has always been there, and nothing in the NetBSD
> usb code suspends a usb port yet. You might try the appended
> patch anyway.

I'll do that this week-end if someone hasn't tried yet. I'll
also report the debug messages.

Regards,

--
Loïc Hoguin