Subject: Re: No nonexistent/bin/nbmake, needs building.
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2007 19:51:11
On Fri 06 Apr 2007 at 17:02:03 +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I also tried:
> >
> > ./build.sh -U -T tools kernel=JCR20070405
> >
> > But same problem. (I have tools there but no nbmake there.)
>
> You should not have the same problem.  It should build nbmake the
> first time, but not on subsequent occasions.  It will build the
> nbmake-${MACHIEN} wraper every time, but this is quick as it's just a
> simple shell script to set some variables before invoking nbmake.  Are
> you sure that's not what happened?

There is one quirk I have noticed, at least I think I have. Next time I
should log more to check if I'm really right. But the impression that I
have is that if I build for arch A, then for arch B, and then for arch A
again (without updating the sources in the mean time of course), that it
re-builds all (many?) of the cross-A tools again, even though it isn't
necessary. This might be similar/related.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.