Subject: Re: today's commit to wskbd.c/wsksymvar.h
To: None <essen@dev-extend.eu>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@bsd.org.il>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2007 18:39:58
essen@dev-extend.eu wrote:
>> This has broken my keyboard; a while after bootup,  my delete key
>> stops working (I have to use control-H), and pressing certain
>> [ordinary] key combinations (that I don't recall) invoked the
>> debugger.  Reverting to the previous revisions fixed the problem.
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Yes, my delete key stopped working too. I didn't fall into the debugger though.

I did.

this patch went for public review on 2007-03-29 and received not even
one "okay" (or comments, for that matter), and was still committed to
the kernel by a member of the www team less than a week later.

I'm cc'ing the netbsd core group so that the public can hear more about
how things like this happen, and what is planned to ensure that at least
in the long term netbsd's code base does not become a big pile of
youknowwhatux.

-e.