Subject: Re: USB problem on -current?
To: None <>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n_Carre=C3=B1o?= <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2007 21:15:35

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:52:55 +0100
Matthias Drochner <> wrote:

> There might be a problem with my new code temporarily disabling
> status change notifications. A real hub does resend status change
> packets until it gets an acknowledge (which would be a "clear
> feature" request). The root hub emulation for ehci doesn't do
> that correctly, so that status changes might get lost.
> I particulary suspect the connect/disconnect sequence which happens
> if a device is handed over to a companion controller. Whether
> this strikes might depend on timing details and whether the
> port in question is among the first or last probed on the hub.
> Can you try the appended patch?
> best regards
> Matthias

With sources from 0:0 today, USB port appears as busy with cups, hpijs and pipe.

Mar 24 20:53:34 core /netbsd: ulpt0 at uhub1 port 4 configuration 1 interface 0
Mar 24 20:53:34 core /netbsd:
Mar 24 20:53:34 core /netbsd: ulpt0: APOLLO APOLLO P2500/2600, rev 1.10/1.10, addr 2, iclass 7/1
Mar 24 20:53:34 core /netbsd: ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

lptest > /dev/ulpt0 works but can't print with other programs.

César Catrián Carreño

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (NetBSD)