Subject: Re: USB problem on -current?
To: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/2007 14:16:12
I have found on my intel hardware (D945GTP) that for some reason
whether or not "Legacy USB" is enabled can modulate whether I have
certain problems.  For instance, if I have PCI_INTR_FIXUP (with acpi,
amd64) enabled and I disable Legacy USB, certain devices will not
probe properly and are marked disabled.  If I don't have
PCI_INTR_FIXUP defined, I can have other problems, both USB and
non-USB related, but I forget what those are, as its been a while
since I've even tried a kernel configured that way.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11