Subject: Build failure in libc on amd64?
To: None <>
From: Scott Ellis <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2007 11:55:55
I'm seeing a build failure during on -current amd64 with sources from
moments ago (11:54 PST):

#     build  libc/
rm -f
-Wl,-nostdlib -B/
:/data/scotte/netbsd_build/amd64/destdir/usr/lib  -R/lib
build/amd64/destdir/lib  -Wl,-x -shared -Wl,-soname,   -o
50  -Wl,--whole-archive libc_pic.a  -Wl,--no-whole-archive
/x86_64--netbsd/bin/ld: libc_pic.a( relocation
R_X86_64_32 ag
ainst `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile wi
th -fPIC
libc_pic.a( could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*** Failed target:

Clues?  The build seemed to work about 24 hours ago, and I don't recall
any commits that should have changed this.

Anyone else seeing this failure, before I nuke my tree and re-cvs it?