Subject: Re: How to configure to use serial console via GRUB?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/2007 21:29:38
   On Mar 10, 19:20, Tobias Nygren wrote:
   > Subject: Re: How to configure to use serial console via GRUB?
   > Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa wrote:
   > > Can I configure NetBSD kernel to use serial console via GRUB?
   > > I know it was not possible before.  Was it changed like root
   > > partition parameter?
   >
   > Yes. See the multiboot(8).

Thanks Tobias.  That works great!

While reading multiboot(8), I noticed grub also support
decompression.  I tried to use it with -c option, but got
"Error 3: Bad or corrupt data while decompressing file".

I guess GRUB 0.97 is little old and not supporting the
latest gzip -9 format.  Does anyone know what kind of format
should I use ? (or level of compression with the latest
gzip)

Regards,
-- Kazushi
I have discovered the art of deceiving diplomats. I tell them the truth
and they never believe me.
		-- Camillo Di Cavour