Subject: release graph
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2007 16:11:00
I've always had a hard time with the netbsd release
graph so I set out to make a graphviz equivalent.
http://netbsd.org/images/graphs/release-graph.gif

I think I got the logic nearly complete, but
seeing odd results with the rendering. So I
don't have a finished version, but various
renderings (one completely broken) are here:
http://galis.org/netbsd/release-graph.html

On thing I noted since I made them is, releases or
pre-released don't actually lead to new releases,
they are the "end of the line" with the exception of
releases that lead to cvs tags.

What tag does 3.0.2 come from? Does it bring in
security, bug fix, features or all of above?

Also, how can I identify the dates the various
tags/releases where created?

// George