Subject: Re: usb device attach problem
To: None <>
From: Michael van Elst <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/2007 17:26:06 (Bernd Ernesti) writes:

>I have an older sony notebook and want to use a iRiver T10 with it.
>But it won't attach.

>and this is a output while inserting the device (with usbdebug set to 1):
> uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed, error=TIMEOUT

>Here is more usbdebug output, this time set to 6 for the broken device:
> uhub0: port 1, set config at addr 2 failed, error=IOERROR

So the device already "reacts" differently when access is slowed
down by the debug output.

        /* Get the full descriptor.  Try a few times for slow devices. */
        for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) {
                err = usbd_get_desc(dev, UDESC_CONFIG, index, len, cdp);
                if (!err)
                usbd_delay_ms(dev, 200);

Maybe it needs more time and we a better way than retrying to find
this out.

                                Michael van Elst